Wednesday, March 14, 2012

When we grow up...

And so we'd jumped and so we'd laughed
For summer had come
That summer so harsh
No school, no teachers
O joy, O joy
We'd jumped and jumped and jumped

And so we'd played for days and days
And then we'd danced some too
And kids were we and friends were we
Was that class one or two?

Our eyes and hearts were filled with joy
And we loved the flowers
And we loved the toys
And jumping jacks and crazy dolls
We sang and danced both girls and boys

But soon, so soon, O how soon it was
That mother began to call
Each time I left my house she cried
I want you back soon, you can't be late
I want you back much before nightfall

But I'd be with my friend at home
So why was she so sour
Afterall we'd always jumped and laughed and rolled about
At his place past our wee hour

But mother looked oh so stern,
Her eyes were forbidding
So stern she looked, so thus I kept shut
But yet I thought it was wrong of her
And decided to give her a slip, a cut

So both of us, my friend and I
Ran across through town
Ran off towards the zoo
We laughed and jumped, and jumped and laughed
And like the chimp, we mimicked too

Oh fun what fun, and oh what cheer
We giggled and giggled and giggled some more
Took a journey back all the way through
I ignored my thoughts, ignored her words
And went back to my old boy blue

And soon we thought we need to rest
For jump we did all day
A yawn escaped our lips, a sigh
Our lids began to sway

And so we lay, so tired but happy
Just as those cherubic angels as were we
We smiled our special smile together
Like we did since we were three

And so we slept, and slept some more
Smiling through the sound
Of a slight snore my little friend bore
And an arm to arm around

And soon it was morning and I awoke
A smile, with a feeling bright
For my friend was still snoring and snoring away
So thus I tread, with a hope
And still a smile so slight.

And skipping and hopping I smiled, I smirked
A tub of water that's all I needed
Snore! Snore! Snore!
With shaking shoulders I muffled a laugh
And WHOOSH! Water galore.

How he squealed, and how I squeaked
A peal of laughter, a guffaw so loud
And so was to begin a long long summer
With friends and games and laughter

But then a look ever so slight
A slip, a frown and a hurried smile
For we were quick to smirk it out
To laugh and forget and laugh some more

And soon I left, for house to home
For after those moments few
We still laugh and still shout and still giggle
But I haven't gone back,
And I've haven't jumped too

3 comments:

Sujit said...

TLTR aashi!! :P

Azzy said...

wow!! very well written Aashie! you sure have a flair for writing!

Aashi said...

@ suji wuji duji :P

@azzy wazzy thnkee thnkee love...u always make me feel real nice :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...